Inexpensive Baby Shower Gifts for Coworkers and Acquaintances
We have all had it happen. There is a baby shower at work for somebody that you just really do not know well, a friend of a friend is having a baby shower and by some fortunate accident you got invited, your brother’s sister-in-law is having a baby, regardless of the reason, generally you must find the right baby shower gift for somebody that you barely even know. What do you think you should get for this acquaintance? How much must you spend?
It is a difficult question, without a doubt. You do not want to spend a lot of money, however you also do not wish to come across as not caring or being cheap. If you’re shopping for a baby shower gift for someone you do not really know, or you just work together every now and again at work and you don’t want to spend a ton. Most people agree that $15 to $25 is an acceptable amount to spend for such a person.
So, what sorts of baby items can you get within the $15-$25 range, which might still be very nice? Thankfully, there are numerous to choose from.
Listed below are just some options for baby shower gift ideas that are relatively inexpensive:
- Single tier diaper cakes – You’ll find diaper cakes in lots of designs. Usually the small single tier ones might be quite reasonably priced.
- Diaper cupcakes – A smaller version of the a diaper cake, a diaper cupcake is a pleasant little present. They often include a number of diapers and one or two other small baby necessities for the newborn. Most run about $10, so they can be very economical. You may even do two together for a more impressive present.
Hooded towels and blankets – New mommy’s can never have enough of these.
- Sock flower bouquets / baby t-shirt bouquets– These will run up nearer to the $25 -$30 range, however they actually make a statement. Plus they’re very sensible, and really cute and adorable. You won’t have to fret about anybody considering you did not spend enough, because they will be too busy admiring the lovable gift.
- A baby outfit. When you select to go this route, think about getting an outfit for when the newborn will be a bit older. New moms hardly ever get clothes for babies which are 9-12 months. It is a real treat when baby begins getting older and growing to have an outfit or two at the ready.
- A gift pack of baby lotions or pregnancy / new mommy lotions.
- Novelty baby t-shirts, those with the fun sayings. Be sure that it is one which most people would enjoy, and it will give everyone a silly laugh.
Stay away from these items:
- A pack of diapers. Sure, it’s great to have diapers for the baby. Sure, a pack of diapers fits nicely on this value range. Sure, diapers are very sensible. So, why not get a pack? First off, if you do not know the mom well, you will not know whether she plans to make use of disposable or cloth diapers. Most individuals who use cloth will use just a few disposables from time to time when they’re out, but won’t go through a pack of a given size. The diapers in a single diaper cake or cupcake are excellent to give them some “away” diapers without giving so many that they will not go unused. Even more so , even when they plan to make use of disposables, a pack of diapers doesn’t have an excellent gift giving presentation. Though they are often quite expensive, most individuals think of diapers as on the cheaper side of gift giving and are more likely to see them as a “low-cost” gift when given on alone as the only gift (they’re fabulous when given in gift sets though).
- Plain stuffed animals. Who wouldn’t consider stuffed animals after they consider baby shower gifts? So why not a stuffed animal? Actually a cute baby stuffed animal, embroidered with baby’s name might be just fantastic, though it is likely to be hard to find at this price unless it is a small one. The one drawback with stuffed animals is that new parents are likely to get A LOT of them. Where should they put all of these stuffed animals? If there’s something really special in regards to the animal then by all means grab it, however if it is simply an everyday stuffed animal, you might need to help the parents by not adding to the gathering of the stuffed animal circus.
- Novelty baby t-shirts which might be over the top. Be cautious if you don’t know the new dad or mom’s sense of humor. Play it safe and find one that nearly anybody would enjoy and appreciate.
With a bit of thoughtfulness and some careful looking, it isn’t hard to find a good, inexpensive gift for someone you barely know, even for a baby shower gift.
Looking For More Baby Shower Gift Ideas?
Check out our list of baby shower gift ideas covering all of the necessities for baby.